Motor Vehicle Registrations

Please note the following information and documents needed to register a car at the Town of Holden.  The Town accepts cash and check payments only.


Old Registration

Current insurance card


New Registration (Dealer Sale):

Proof of Sales Tax Paid

Blue Title Application Form

Window Sticker (if current year model)

Current insurance card covering the new vehicle


New Registration (Private Sale):

Bill of Sale

Title 1995 and newer)*

Insurance card


Additional Information:

*Titles for vehicles, 1995 and newer, will need the back of the title signed by previous owner/owners, current mileage and new owner information entered on the back as well.

SR 22 Insurance Filers, inform us of your status before we begin your registration. We will only be able to collect your excise tax and you will need to go to Bureau of Motor Vehicles to complete your registration. This applies to new and renewals.

If you do not have your current insurance card, your insurance company may fax us a copy at 207-843-5153 for a charge of $1.00

On-line Renewal Registration:

You may renew your car registration on-line by clicking on the Rapid Renewal logo under Online Services on this webpage. You will need to have your current registration, mileage and insurance card available.


Home | About Holden | Calendar - Municipal | Codes - Ordinances - Policies - Permits | Boards and Committees | Community Health Information | DeBeck Business Park | Departments | Employment Opportunity | Helpful Links | Key Documents | Legal Notices | Online Services | Cemetery Maps | Town Services | Town Staff | Tax Maps | Disclaimer and Privacy Policy
Government Websites by Catalis
Printer-friendly Version